Children’s Minister Search
This is a part-time position responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and promoting through team based leadership, the children’s ministry of Fellowship Baptist Church. While the focus of this position is on children and their families, the position will also serve as a minister to the congregation of FBC at large. The Minister of Children shall perform their duties in accordance with the doctrine of scripture and the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
The Minister of Children reports to the Senior Pastor of Fellowship Baptist Church.
The duties and responsibilities of the Minister of Children include but are not limited to the following:
· Chair the Children’s Ministry Committee and work closely with them in planning and implementing:
o Weekly Children’s activities
o Development of curriculum
o Fundraising activities
o Volunteer schedules
· Plan and attend children’s camps, CentriKid and Camp Worldlight
o Register children for camp
o Inform parents of camp information and tuition due dates
o Prepare all registration paperwork needed for each child to attend camp
o Enlist volunteer chaperones to attend camp
o Plan fundraising that may be needed to fund the camps
· Plan for and conduct children’s church each Sunday.
· Organize family events throughout the year that encourage mission minded family outreach.
· Plan and conduct Wednesday night children’s activities year-round.
· Participate on the Vacation Bible School (VBS) planning team and act as a liaison between church staff and the VBS Director. This involves:
o Attending all VBS Planning meetings
o Assist in the selection of VBS curriculum ensuring that it is Biblically sound and coincides with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
o Ordering all supplies need for VBS
o Assist in the managing of all VBS volunteers, ensuring that a background check is conducted on each volunteer.
o Assist the VBS Director in any way needed before and during VBS sessions.
· Maintain communication and coordination with the Director of Wee Care on joint children’s activities.
· Create and manage the Children’s Ministry budget.
· Make outreach visit to any family who are members or prospective members of the church who have recently had babies to provide information regarding the Children’s Ministry.
· Minister to the families of children participating in the Children’s Ministry of FBC.
· Assist the Pastor with other responsibilities as needed.
To download a PDF version of this job description, click here.
For information, or to submit a resume, please email Clint at firstname.lastname@example.org.